Friday, May 1, 2009

No, you don't have to work out every day!

Here's a breakdown of my running stats from yesterday
Total miles: 4
Total time: 34:44 minutes

Mile 1: 9:05
Mile 2: 17:53
Mile 3: 26:17
Mile 4: 34:44

I have to figure out how to get the splits, I'm not really sure how fast I ran but it broke down to about an 8:44 mile pace.

After my run I lifted: Arm raises, biceps, triceps, squats, abs. I used to count my reps but I have stopped doing that. I just go until I can't go anymore. I usually do 2 sets of that for each muscle I work. It seems to be working, and I think I do about the same if not more than when I was counting reps.

I met my good friend Reba to get a pedicure (I can finally wear sandals again!) And then I met up with my friend Elizabeth and her boyfriend for a birthday drink at TGI Fridays. I had an Amstel Light. I normally don't like to drink light beer but I really wasn't feeling the normal heaviness of beer and I couldn't say No to a drink! It was her birthday!
We watched the Celtics vs Bulls game (this series has been insane!) and came home around 11.

I haven't been feeling all that great today so I decided to lay low and relax a little. I've been on the go all week and I wanted to just hang out, catch up on some paperwork, and not worry so much about running or the gym today. It's been hard because every time I put something in my mouth I think, "I didn't go to the gym!" but that is something I have to stop. I need to realize that exercising and eating healthy isn't all about constantly counting calories and trying to be a perfect size or body weight, or running at a certain speed. It's about balance. I say it but I have to really mean it and follow my heart.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment