Friday, May 8, 2009

Finally Yoga!

Since I knew I'd be meeting Reba for Yoga today, I had to make sure I ate my breakfast early enough so that I was sure I wouldn't get an upset stomach while in the class. I ate my regular bowl of oats at 9 so that I didn't eat TOO early and get hungry (which I did anyway) and heading to meet Reba for class at 11:30. The class was at 12:15 at Boston Sports Club (this one was right in Copley Square--downtown) I had to sign up for a 2 week trail membership but luckily for me, there's a BSC right down the road from me here in Chelsea. I currently go to Planet Fitness which is fine and CHEAP (who can beat $10 a month??) however, there are no classes and any extras. There are your regular machines (treadmills, stairmaster, stair climber, elliptical, stationary bikes and the areo-machine,) free weights and weight machines. That's it. No classes, nothing fancy.
Now, I'm not saying I need anything fancy but I miss spinning classes (or ANY classes for that matter) and the opportunity to use the pool. I checked out their pool and it's really nice and I'm purchasing a bathing suit so I can swim in that bad boy. Their membership is $62 a month, which for all of the amenities they have (and a juice bar too!) isn't bad. The gym is really nice, super clean, very large, has free parking, and I'm really excited about it.

So back to yoga

We went to the 12:15 class and the teacher was a sub. I thought, Ok cool, she's a sub so it won't look like I don't know what I'm doing. She did about a half hour of stretching (before and after) and about a half hour of Tibetan yoga (which I had never done before.) I actually really enjoyed her class because it was simple enough for me to follow and I honestly felt like I got a decent workout. My legs were kind of heavy when we were done after some bridge movement, but overall I enjoyed it. What stinks is that she was a sub and I wasn't able to ask her where she teaches. So now I have to do some research as to how I can continue doing these at home.

After yoga, we went back to her place, showered (Yes, separately) and went to a corner cafe to have lunch. I ordered an eggplant, roasted tomato, and fresh mozzarella panini and an iced coffee. I didn't bring my camera, unfortunately, but the sandwich was decent, not great. Oh well.

Boston is such a pretty city, especially when it's warm. Reba lives in the South End of Boston which used to be a crap hole, but it's now filled with yuppies and gay men. So it's nice and clean now. lol.
The best part are the brownstones and cobblestone streets. And now the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom so it's just so pretty to sit outside and people watch.

And now it's time to discuss what to do for dinnah.

No comments:

Post a Comment