Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting passed the plateau

I think I've come to a plateau and I'm not really sure what to do about it. Part of the reason I signed up for the 2 week trial at Boston Sports Clubs is because I knew I needed more than just running/elliptical/lifting. I figure if I can start re-introducing the activities I've given up on then maybe I'll be able to get passed that plateau. I have been doing pretty much the same type of workout routine for the past 11 months, changing it up here and there. But it's mainly because it's what I feel comfortable doing. I always feel like I'm being watched when I lift (it's all in my head) so I don't like doing things that make me look TOO silly (I do squats though, and I do look pretty silly doing them.) Sometimes I try to say "Ehh who cares?" but other days I get self conscious and end up doing more of the same.

I went to my 12:15 cycle class and was a little disappointed. The instructor seemed OK...he was more like the drill sergeant type and he looked really, REALLY mean. I couldn't really understand him at first (just because it was so loud in there) so it took me about 15 minutes to really get adjusted and get into it.
Plus, it was hot as hell in there. I was dripping within the first 10 minutes.
Also, I was running late and didn't have time to fill up my water bottle so I grabbed one of Dennis' Grape G2. Honestly even the G2's are too sweet for me so I had a hard time drinking it while I was in the class.

I was going to do some ab work the 45 minute class was over but I decided to come straight home. My ears are clogged today (stupid allergies) so I came home to make a *KICK ASS* lunch...one that I kind of stole from Tina who is another Boston area blogger.
I made an asparagus wrap.



What I used:

  • 10 steamed asparagus strips
  • 2 tbsp garlic hummus
  • 1 slice swiss cheese, sliced in half
  • 1/2 block TJ's baked tofu
  • 1 flat out wrap, cut in half
I made two wraps and evenly distributed the ingredients on both. SO good.

I will end on a lighter note:

Marley likes to hide under clothes when we hang them up to dry. Dennis took this picture and it made me smile, so I wanted to pass this along.



Look how funny Dylan looks peeping through the glass...

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Alright, you need to put that fat cat on the treadmill. Marley has got to be the biggest cat I've ever seen. It's a good thing Dylan is in the picture too or I'd swear Marley ate him. Two words--diet Friskies. Don't they have a Winn Dixie up there in Boston that you and my brother can buy low fat cat food? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris-
    Marley is on a diet! We've been measuring his food, and he's only allowed to eat a certain amount of calories per day. He also gets weighed every two weeks. He's trying!

    ReplyDelete