Monday, May 11, 2009

I freakin love Nutella (and saltine crackers)

It looked so beautiful outside today. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping...but when we opened the windows to let the sunshine in, we quickly had to close them. 55 and windy? That's why spring in the Northeast sucks...one day it's 75 the next day it's 50. Well at least it wasn't raining right?
And boy did the kitties LOVE having the windows open!



It's funny how not working out is just as much of a challenge for me as the workout itself. I made a promise not to work out so I could recover from yesterday's run and I really had to fight with myself to keep myself from going to the gym. Since I didn't work out I made sure to keep an eye on my eats...so here's what I ate today.

Mid day snack:
  • 1/2 cup TJ's nonfat organic greek yogurt
  • 1 tbs flax seed, whole
  • 2 strawberries, sliced
  • 4 blackberries, sliced
  • 1/4 cup Cascadian Farm Organic Vanilla Almond Crunch cereal

The picture makes it look pretty gross, but trust me, it wasn't.

About an hour after my snack I had five saltines and some peppermint tea. And while I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner I really started getting hungry so I snacked on a few crackers while I waited. Which brings me to another point: my hunger hits me like a ton of bricks. I won't be hungry and then all of a sudden BOOM! I'm feeling light headed and I feel like I have to eat...now. It's not like an "I'm starving and I have major grumbles in my belly" kind of feeling, it's more like an "Oh crap, it's been four hours since I've eaten and I'm actually pretty freakin hungry" kind of feeling. It might not make sense but there's a difference. Hence the snacking on crackers during random times during the day. (or am I just trying to make excuses for my obsession?)

Dinner:
Majorly huge flat out wrap...I mean, so big that I had to use a fork and knife to eat it.


What was it it?

  • 2 tbsp garlic hummus and1 tbsp cottage cheese spread in the wrap
  • 2 tbsp pink beans
  • 1 small chopped tomato
  • 2 large handfuls of spinach
  • 1 block TJ's baked tofu, diced (about 3.5 oz)
Obviously I don't know how to make a wrap since this thing fell apart while I was trying to roll it.

It was really good! I was only able to eat about 3/4 of it. I will definitely eat this again but next time I'll have to use a little less of everything so I can actually wrap it properly.

About two hours later I felt the need for something sweet. I have really been craving Nutella lately but have been avoiding opening the abnormally large jar that my upstairs neighbor from Germany gave to me. I've been fighting this urge for about three months...so I decided it was time to dig in.
I sliced half a banana lengthwise (had to get my banana fix for the day) and slathered about a tsp of Nutella on each piece. Then I scooped 1/4 cup Breyer's Double Churned Creamy Vanilla ice cream and a tbsp of Cool Whip and here's the result:



Damn this was good. And man did I have to fight with myself not to go back and eat the other half of the banana with more Nutella. Hell, I'm still fighting with myself not to!

Also, I wanted to thank everyone who have been so helpful and supportive about my blog! I hope you keep reading!

Now I'm off to watch How I Met Your Mother and the season finale of House.

No comments:

Post a Comment