Friday, May 15, 2009

Finding old friends...again

I don't know how people lose touch with their closest friends, but it has happened to me a few times. My college years were mixed with good and bad times, and spread out between New York, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. In each place I've lived, I've left someone behind that I might not have meant to. I have been fortunate enough to find yet another, lost friend.
Jessica, welcome back to my life.
My first few years of college I was like this little lost soul just trying to figure things out. But for some reason, now matter how stupid what I did or said was, Jessica always had my back. We played soccer together for my two-year stint at SUNY (State University of New York) New Paltz and we had a lot of fun together. We're going to catch up VERY soon and I can't wait to hear how she's been! Jess, I've missed you girl! :)

Last night I wrote that I was feeling hungry, even after all the food I ate for dinner. I ended up drinking some tea and watching an episode of Law And Order...that show always gets me hooked. The tea did the trick. (and the bloody scenes from L&O helped too!)

This morning I woke up to my normal bowl of oats and my coffee and did some writing. I find my brain is much more productive in the morning and it's when I feel the most creative.

Oh, and I got my birthday present from Dennis this morning! He heard me complaining about how I have to hold onto too many things when I'm running and that I NEED an arm band for my MP3 player. So he got me a NEW MP3 player that's smaller and much easier to use than my old one, with an arm band! Now I need my camel pack and my Garmin and I'll be ALL set!




It's a Sony Walkman 8 GB MP3 player with a lot of really nice features (pictures, videos, etc)
I can't wait to use it!

Lunch was small and light:


I used the rest of my asparagus from Wednesday's awesome asparagus wrap and made a smaller version, on a mini whole wheat pita minus the tofu.



What I used:
  • One mini whole wheat pita
  • TJ's Garlic Hummus
  • 1 slice swiss cheese
  • Side of baby carrots
It was so good. I forgot how much I love asparagus, and the mix of the hummus and asparagus together is awesome!

I'm off to finish some more writing and then I'm going to Dick's to buy my bathing suit so I can finally get use out of the pool at the gym!!

No comments:

Post a Comment