Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Catching up with an old friend

When I was in college I kind of lead a double life. I had my friends from school and my friends from the town where I was going to school. (Scranton PA) My friends from school didn't really know much about my "Townie" life and vise versa. I hated my school and actually did very very badly there, but the experience and the friends I made will always be with me. Man I had fun. The three years I spent there really helped me to define who I am, but I didn't realize that until a few years later. (How strange things like that work)
When I left Scranton it was on really crappy terms. I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to go home, with my tail between my legs, and start over.
Leaving, of course, meant I lost contact with some people...not on purpose, shit just kind of happened. One of the people I lost track of was my good friend Stephanie. She was like a misplaced sister, and the night we met we immediately clicked.
Long story short, she found me on Facebook and I was beyond ecstatic. She called me tonight to catch up, and we talked for an hour and a half. It's so crazy how fast time flies, how many things have happened since we've spoken last (five years!) and how we were able to pick up where we left off, as if the time had never passed.
I can't wait to make a trip down there to spend some time with her. Coming soon I promise! :)

Needless to say, my unexpected phone call kept me from making my trip to Yoga, but that's OK...I needed to talk with her. Yoga can wait.

I was attempting to do the Raw Wednesday challenge along with Jenna but I'm having a hard time finding a recipe I'd like to make. Part of it is the fact that a lot of the ingredients I needed to make the recipes that seemed interesting to me were things that I either had never heard of or were just too expensive to purchase. So, for lunch I ate the other half of my chicken burrito (still so good even the next day) and for dinner had a salad (organic romaine, one on-the-vine tomato, baby carrots, cilantro, garlic powder, dried oregano, 1 tbsp. white balsamic and one tbsp. olive oil) That kept me full for an hour or so. Then I remembered I had some organic chicken dumplings...they're a great addition to a salad for a small but fulfilling dinner. Of course I didn't get a pic of the bag, but I did take a nice picture of my dinner...



Six steamed dumplings with a side of 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp. red wine vinegar, and 1 tsp. sesame oil. I didn't use all the sauce, but I love the combo.

I went to the gym at around 12:30 and spent 35 minutes on the elliptical. I was going to lift but decided not to since I planned on doing yoga. That's OK though because I lifted pretty hard yesterday and I was able to do some ab work when I got home. My pre-workout fuel consisted of a half of a Oatmeal Raisin Clif Bar. (One of my favs. The other one is the chocolate cherry almond)

So my 30th birthday is next Thursday and I really want to do something fun. Nothing big, nothing extravagant, but I definitely don't want to spend it sitting at home. I told Dennis I was going to organize something for next weekend, like a dinner and drinks type thing (or BOWLING!! so lame I know.) Is it strange to plan your own birthday party?

Tomorrow's plan includes my four mile run, lifting, and maybe I'll get some use out of our amazing claw foot bathtub that I never use...

No comments:

Post a Comment