Sunday, May 10, 2009

I eat ridiculously large salads...

It took a few hours for my body to catch up to my run, and I was pretty hungry for my Indian leftovers at around 5:00. So I ate them. And then I had a No Pudge Fat Free brownie (the picture came out horrible since it was made in a coffee mug as a single serving) with a small scoop of Breyer's Double Churned creamy vanilla ice cream.
And then I had some peppermint tea and about five saltines about a half hour later. I like to drink the tea because it helps settle my stomach and the crackers help as well...and, I'm seriously addicted to saltine crackers. But that's another post.

At around 8:30 I was hungry again so I made one of my monster salads. They're really not THAT big but Dennis seems to think they are. (Ok they're huge.)


My salad consisted of one romaine heart, one tomato, a handful of sliced baby carrots, a sprinkle of feta cheese, garlic powder, dried oregano, 2 tbsp white balsamic, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil

And after about a half hour, I needed something sweet ... but since I already had the brownie, I opted to have a small apple with a tbsp. of raw almond butter.



I'm finally done with my eats for the day. I find that about three hours after my long runs and the entire next day after, I'm hungry every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Hell, who am I kidding...I'm hungry that much all the time...but it seems to be more ravenous after my long run days.

There's a 10 am Hatha yoga class tomorrow morning that I'm thinking I'll try if I'm not too sore from today's run. Either way I really want to swim...I think it will actually help my joints loosen a little after my long run. But I need a suit! And a cap! UGH!

I'll be spending the rest of the evening watching the Celtics/Magic game (and the Red Sox in between since I live with a Red Sox fan who can't help but flip back and forth)

Night All!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby always teases me about the huge salads I make as well!! I love them though and since I seem to be hungry all the time, the bulk of the veggies helps with that a bit!!!

    ReplyDelete