Thursday, May 21, 2009

Being a tourist in your own city

It was so nice out that we just couldn't resist. We spent the afternoon walking around Boston like tourists. We took pictures of everything. We walked around Fanueil Hall (well, as much of that as we could take--even though we were pretending to be tourists, we couldn't handle the tourist crowd) Boston Garden, Boston Commons, and we walked up toward North Station (on the North End of Boston) to get back on the train and took pictures by the Celtics wall. It was a fun day!

Here are just a small sample of our pictures. We took about 50!

I'm in there somewhere!!



Quincy Market





The Massachusetts State House



Along the bridge at the Boston Public Garden








While we were out, my stomach started grumbling like clockwork. About 3 1/2 hours after breakfast, it was time for a snack.

I had a Tall Soy Latte (double shot in a single cup)



And about 2/3 of this Clif Bar.



When we got home (it was about 4) I was starving so I made our leftovers from last night:
An 87% lean hamburger with swiss cheese and some mac salad. I didn't take a very large portion but I was still hungry afterward. So an hour later I had my last piece of birthday cake.

Then I went to my spin class at 6:30. After my 45 minute sweat session I did a quick lift routine that included biceps, weighted lunges and weighted squats. I wasn't very loose or warmed up (even though I just got out of a spin class) so I felt like I was working with cold muscles. (probably because we warmed down after the class?) So I called it quits after about 10 minutes.

Then I came home, showered, and made a smoothie....I stole some more of your ideas and made my own version of a Green Monster:

  • 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 2 handfuls ice
  • 3 strawberries (The last of the container)
  • 6 blackberries
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
The result?





Now I have to admit, I was very skeptical of drinking this because ... well, it looks like poop. But it was actually pretty good. I don't like the seeds of the blackberries though...I might have to skip them next time. But overall I was pleasantly surprised. What a way to eat (err drink) your greens!

Along with the smoothie I had a serving of Trader Joe's PB pretzels.

And now it's off to catch up on our DVR. It says it only has 10% space left, so we're off to catch up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment