Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The gym is my sanctuary (well, so is my oven....)

Sometimes I feel like people use the gym as a freakin social club. It annoys the crap out of me.

I went to a cycle class last night and sat next to two very obnoxious "riders". One of them insisted that she text throughout the entire class!
I don't think I should have to tell you how rude I think that is. It's rude, obnoxious, and really, you can't wait until your 45 minute workout is done?
The other girl was positioned to the side of the mirror, so she made sure to check herself out every 30 seconds or so. At first I was annoyed, only because she was in my clear peripheral vision and every time she turned her head it distracted me. But then I found it comical.

See, I take my work out time very seriously. I mean, I wouldn't work out if I didn't enjoy it. But it's not social time for me. No texting, no talkie, (unless I'm walking or running outside WITH you)

And honestly, I am not hot when I'm working out. I sweat like a pig. I'm not there to look hot and pick up dudes. I'm there to bust my ass and feel good when I leave. Plain and simple. If I spent my time talking on the phone, texting, or making sure I look sexy while I'm jumping hills on the bike, I wouldn't be able to appreciate my work out. And I don't know about you but I'm not spending $65 a month to talk/text on my cellphone while I'm there. Get a freakin life.

OK now that I've gotten that out of the way....

I'm a day behind but I don't want to bore you with the details. Yesterday I had my new fav Oatmeal pancake (I had one today too...so good!)

Lunch yesterday looked small but was VERY filling.



Ha I say small because my salad wasn't falling off of a large dinner plate...I made a salad using

  • One romaine heart
  • Pearl tomatoes
  • Baby carrots
  • 1/2 can tuna mixed with 2 tsp TJ's garlic hummus
  • Olive oil and white balsamic
It was a perfect lunch...not too heavy but just enough to hold me over through three hours of grocery shopping. Yes, I said three hours....and it wasn't exactly ALL grocery shopping. Dennis and I went to the grocery store first and then I made a special trip to Trader Joe's. And then I stopped at Barnes and Nobles to browse through their books and get an idea of what I want to focus on next. I walked around B&N for about an hour, and then made my way home for a quick 5:30 dinner before my 7:30 spin class.

I stole yet another idea from some of your blogs and tried a whole grain Naan pizza.



What I used:

  • One Whole Grain naan
  • Sliced onions
  • Spinach
  • my FAV TJ's pizza sauce
  • One slice of fresh mozzerella
  • a very very tiny sprinkle of goat cheese (YUM!)
The goat cheese added an awesome texture and flavor to it. I might just skip the mozz next time and just use goat cheese!

I actually got Dennis to have the same dinner. He wasn't happy about the Whole Grain naan at first but he said it wasn't bad! I'm working on converting him...

About an hour after I got back from my class and was nice and showered, I had another snack, but my camera was charging so I didn't get to take a pic (Sorry!) Because my times have been off, I felt like it was too late to be eating. But then I realized that it had been 4 hours since dinner AND I took a spin class so that kicked in the hunger even more. And I've been staying up until about 12:30 am or so lately...ugh....

I had:
  • 1/4 of a cucumber
  • One serving (2 tbsp) TJ's garlic hummus
  • One slice of toasted Ezekiel sesame bread
After that my sweet tooth kicked in. I had a small piece of un-frozen birthday cake with a small touch of leftover cream cheese frosting.

It's a beautiful day out there! I'm off to get some reading and writing done! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment