Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Silly commercials...

This morning I was up and out at 7:15 and was on the go all day. I made overnight oats for breakfast but was only able to get in one bite before I ran out the door. I brought my bowl with me but only was able to eat about half before the day was over. I also prepared a Green Monster to take with me for a mid afternoon snack but realized I needed to switch that to my breakfast instead.

IMG_1516

For lunch (at around 1) I had a whole wheat grilled chicken wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, swiss and hummus. It was good but the chicken was really dry and I ended up taking a lot of it out.

IMG_1521 IMG_1520

About an hour later I shared a Twix with a friend.

And then on the way home at 6 I ate an apple. So needless to say I was pretty hungry when I walked in the door at 6:30.

I decided I had to use stuff up since I had veggies in the fridge for about a week that I didn’t want to go to waste. So I made a salad to start:

IMG_1522

Believe it or not I couldn’t finish my salad! I did manage to eat about 2/3 of it though.

What else is in here that I need to get rid of? Hmmm….garlic hummus, a half an onion, swiss cheese, and sesame Ezekiel bread that have all been in there for more than a week…

So I made a grilled swiss cheese sammie with garlic hummus and onions on sesame Ezekiel bread. Damn I’m good. (And so was this)

IMG_1525

I used two slices of cheese, about 1.5 tbs hummus, and two slices of white onion. YUM!

IMG_1523 IMG_1524

After dinner I was craving sweet but since I had the Twix I didn’t want to overdo it. I really was craving a S’more for some reason. So I decided to go with that—kind of…

  • I used about 1/2 cup 2% Fage Greek yogurt
  • 4 strawberries
  • 2 crushed graham crackers

to make a “Strawberry graham cracker sundae” It was very good and VERY filling. And it hit the spot.

IMG_1526

I’m beat! My knees feel better today since I took the day off but tomorrow I do plan on a 6:30 spin class. I found out my new *favorite* instructor has the same name as me … so I’ll be meeting with her tomorrow for another ass-whoopin (and I can’t wait)

I’ve been pretty distracted these past few days and honestly can’t begin to tell you how tired I am. Without going into detail, we’ve been kind of hanging out in limbo for a while and it’s been really difficult to make any kind of future plans. Writing this blog has helped to clear my head of many of my stresses (simply because I love to write) but sometimes I hit a writer’s wall. I’m feeling one of those tonight…so I’m going to leave you with this song…since it’s stuck in my head thanks to a stupid (I think it's a Captain Morgan) commercial. (But only the chorus so you’ll want to strangle me less)

You, you got what I need but you say he’s just a friend
And you say he’s just a friend
OH BABY YOUUUU, you got what I NEEEEEED
But you say he’s just a friend, but you say he’s just a friend
OH BABY YOUUUUU, you got what I NEEEEEEED
But you say he’s just a friend, but you say he’s just a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment