Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ain't no party like a Curry party..

My friend Reba and her boyfriend Kevin decided to kick off the outdoor eating season with a fabulous curry party yesterday. Folks, there is nothing like homemade cooking, outside with a group of amazing people. Reba always throws parties and every time I go I meet someone new.

Since I knew I'd be eating my face off (and I never got full...it was really strange) I made sure to get to the gym for a good hard workout. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical (average level 11...but I went from levels 8-13 with intervals) I dread the elliptical. I always get bored on it, so I have to trick myself into thinking it's almost like running. I'm not sure how close the numbers are but it said I did 3.5 miles in 34:52, so I guess it was like I was running...who knows.
After cardio I lifted
Bis, tris, weighted lunges, 50 pound squats, arm raises, abs (I've been focusing on plank ab work again which is kick ass hard) It turned out to be 35 minutes cardio to about 20 minutes of weights. I need to work on evening that out a little more...

So I was nice and hungry when I got to Reba's. I think the reason why I never really got full is because they broke up the servings....one appetizer at 4:30, another app an hour later, and then dinner an hour after that. It just seemed like since I was spreading everything out, I ended eating giving myself time to digest and enjoy what I was eating. And everything was FABULOUS. Kevin's a keeper!

We left around 9 to make it home for the second half of the Celtics/Bulls game.

I'm planning on running my weekly long run today (7 miles) I'm waiting for my daily dose of
1/2 cup organic oats
1/2 soy milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 banana
3 strawberries on top
2 Tbs chopped almonds
cinnamon

And coffee (I just LOVE our coffee grinder) with 1/4 1% milk and 2 tsp Agave nectar.

Ok, 7 miles here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment