Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pushing through

I'm writing this as I'm eating my lunch, after I realized I didn't take a picture. Oops! I was starving and I just dug right into it. Luckily you've seen it before so it's not a biggie.

I began my day with my freshly ground, French Roast coffee from Trader Joe's and instead of regular Irish oats I had 5 grain oats instead. Something different, but still the same.

  • 1/2 cup 5 grain oats
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp whole flax seed
  • 1 tbsp sliced almonds
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 4 blackberries, halved
  • 3 strawberries, sliced

I hit the gym for a lunch time workout and knew I'd be running and lifting so I decided to eat a slice of Ezekiel bread with a slather (maybe a tbsp? maybe less) of TJ's Raw Almond Butter. I try to eat a little snack before I work out even if I'm not hungry yet.

Then it was off to the gym. I'm using my 2 week trial at Boston Sports Club and I was so happy to have the amenities I've so missed since leaving the Y and moving onto Planet Fitness. I ran five miles but struggled the ENTIRE time. Maybe Sunday's 8.1 mile run is still haunting me? I don't know but whatever it was, I did not enjoy my run at all. But, I made it through.

Then I was off to lift. I'm glad that there are in between weights at BSC, so I can raise my weights by 2.5 pound increments instead of 5. Very helpful.
And they have all the equipment that I miss, such as the stability ball and the and the balance trainer. They also have the foam rollers too but I'm not sure how to use those and I'm not ready to try it out on my own in public.

All in all, my 5 mile run ended up taking me 47 minutes and I lifted for 15.

Before I made my way out, I made sure to stop at the front desk to sign up for tomorrow's 12:15 Cycle class. I'm SO excited to finally get back into a spin class!!

On my way home, even though I ate before I left, I was feeling that nauseous feeling...and I was really surprised...I really thought I ate enough before I went. So as soon as I got home I scarfed down an apple and made one of KERF's Bean Burgers. I LOVE these things. I had it on a mini whole wheat pita with a slice of swiss cheese. I seriously couldn't even think of taking a picture. I feel much better now.

The plan for dinner is Dennis' famous Fajitas. He makes AWESOME fajitas and I'm really excited to have them tonight.

On a side note: My addiction to saltine crackers continues...even in my subconscious. Dennis asked me to make a list of things I need from the grocery store and without even thinking, I wrote down "Crackers for the Piggy" He came home with two boxes (they were on sale) and there was a part of me that was so excited...and another part of me that was pissed because now I have to really force myself to stay away. I have eaten three sleeves of crackers since Saturday. That's just not right.
Part of it is a comfort thing.
I have had stomach issues since I was little and lately it has been bothering me again. It comes in waves. I'm not sure what the heck it is, my doctors don't seem to think I'm abnormal, but I've been feeling off for a few weeks so I drink peppermint tea and eat crackers to make myself feel better. The problem is that I end up eating so many crackers that it defeats the purpose. I'll figure it out...and I will be sure to portion my crackers out and not let myself sit on the couch with them (that's what kills me) But hey it's better than being addicted to something else right? (keep telling yourself that Nicole)

I promise I'll take pictures of my dinner....

No comments:

Post a Comment