Monday, June 8, 2009

There’s nothing wrong with a little green in the morning…

Good morning. It’s Monday. And I was up at 5 a.m. for my 5:45 spin class. I actually didn’t have too tough of a time getting up this morning, but I know as the week goes on it gets harder and harder for me to get up. Ugh. But I love waking up early in the summer…having the sun out while I was driving to the gym was a pleasant surprise. (hey, I never get up this early)

I made a green monster last night to use today and boy did I put it to good use. Today’s GM consisted of:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup unsweetend almond milk (I really like this stuff)
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein  powder
  • 3 cups spinach

It made about 2 cups, so I cut it in half and drank the first cup before my spin class:

IMG_1925  (split up)

And then I got creative and used the second portion in my oatmeal.

IMG_1926

I dumped in 1 cup of GM with 1/2 cup oatmeal. I had to dress it up a little with some cinnamon and a tsp. of honey…it’s just OK…I figured the combo of milk and banana would make it sweeter. Since I use milk and banana in my oatmeal anyway, I thought I’d give it a try.  I can’t guarantee I’ll make this again.

OK I’m off! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment