Saturday, June 6, 2009

Catch-up

I’ve been on the go non-stop like crazy since Friday morning so I have some catching up to do. Sometimes I wonder where the time goes. I blink and all of a sudden an entire day has passed and I have nothing to show for it. UGH!

But before I start—I was just watching the Love Sex and Magic video (Ciara and Justin Timberlake) and umm…wow….damn….can I say…hot??? Ok back to the blog…

My stomach was still bothering me for most of Friday, so I kept my eating simple. For breakfast I made a smaller portion of oatmeal with:

  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp PB

I could not finish this breakfast, which made me very sad since it was so good and I HATE wasting food.
I had some pineapple at noon, and then gave in and had a Mediterranean wrap from Au Bon Pain at around 1.

IMG_1881 IMG_1883

This was awesome! It had Field Greens, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Feta, Tomato, Cucumber & Sun Dried Tomato Relish. (I don’t like olives but this normally comes with them) This helped me to feel better. About an hour later I had a power pumpkin cookie (I finally photographed one!)

IMG_1885

I will definitely be making these cookies on the regular. They’re so good.
I got home around 6 and was pretty hungry so I had a nice healthy snack of carrots and hummus:

IMG_1887

Then we decided to go to TGIFriday’s for dinner because Dennis is obsessed with their Jack Daniels burger. I actually gave in and ordered their JD’s chicken sandwich, sans bun and a side salad rather than fries, but I forgot about all the crap that comes on top (cheese, bacon and fried onion rings)

IMG_1892

So I took all the “crap” off (except the cheese—there was no way to get it off and honestly, you have to enjoy some of the bad stuff!) I ate half of the chicken and all of the salad. And a Guinness, not photographed.

After dinner we stopped at this cute ice cream place and I had a “Low-fat” brownie sundae…..which makes me laugh…I ordered it with fro-yo instead of regular ice cream because frozen yogurt is easier for me to digest than ice cream. I LOVE ice cream but it doesn’t always love me back, ya follow me?

My camera’s battery died so I couldn’t take a picture but I ate a little more than half of the sundae (with toppings of whipped cream and chopped up toffee—yum!!)

This morning I woke up and had a power cookie and some water before going to the gym for what I THOUGHT was a spin class. Apparently I read the schedule wrong and the class was at 9:30, not 10. However, they have some of the spin bikes available out in the cardio section so I taught myself my own spin class. I spun for 30 minutes, lifted for about 10, and did the foam roller 3 times by 20 seconds each. It was all I could take. But it felt good! (kinda…)

Then I came home and had a kick ass lunch! Bean burger with a side salad.

IMG_1894 IMG_1897

And then my efforts were ruined when Dennis suggested we go see a matinee. We saw The Hangover. (yeah, it was pretty freakin funny) Instead of popcorn I thought it would be better to order a pretzel…but DAMN this thing was HUGE! It was the size of my friggin plate! It was really good and I ate about 2/3 of it, but it ruined my appetite for the rest of the day.

We went to an “Asian” restaurant for dinner (I say Asian because they serve all different kinds of food—Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, etc.) and since I was still full from the pretzel, I ordered one cooked Boston roll and some miso soup.
The Boston roll consisted of cooked salmon, avocado, cukes and romaine lettuce (mainly for garnishing)

IMG_1899 IMG_1900

Dennis gets so embarrassed when I take photos of my food in public so I try to make it as quick and painless for him.
I also ate a crab rangoon (or two.)
Then we hit up a wine store and I got a 2004 Pinot Noir from Oregon and at the bakery next door got a few sugar cookies. (these will also get their own post because I know the owner of this bakery and I’d like to do another write up for him)

My neighbors hooked me up with a Magic Bullet, which I’m really excited about, and some vegetarian cookbooks (one is a vegetarian slow cooker cookbook that I’m SO EXCITED to crack into)

I LOVE my Crockpot. Love it. But the problem is that I always think of heavy meat and stew recipes, so I haven’t used it for a while. As soon as I mentioned this to my lovely neighbors, they immediately passed over this book and told me to take it home. It’s called Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. I am definitely going to use it this week and review the recipes for you guys.

Tomorrow I’m planning to run 9 miles around the Charles River and I’m really excited that this will be my longest run ever. Since the 15K isn’t until July 12, I think I’m in pretty good shape as far as my training is concerned. I figure if I can run 9 miles this Sunday, do my hills run next Sunday, and run 10 miles the following Sunday, I’ll still have three weeks of training before the race. I’m so excited!

Question: Do you go to flea markets?

There was a flea market set up in the movie theater parking lot, so after the movie we walked around. Dennis spent most of his time checking out DVDs and CDs, and I just kind of browsed through everything else. I don’t know, I get a skeevy feeling at flea markets—almost like this all bootleg stuff or something. Like as if the DVD you just bought is going to send a bootleg signal to your system and shut it down…haha…OK I might be exaggerating but I don’t know…flea markets are just plain weird to me.

OH and before I forget!
I am still new at the blog thing so a blog makeover would be awesome. I’ve been reading about how Zesty is giving away a blog makeover, so I decided to stop in and see what all the fuss was about. He’s done some really great work on some of the blogs I read! He also has some great photo tips (thanks for reminding me that I have a Macro setting on my camera! It has really helped!) and other ideas to help make your blog better. You have until June 8th to sign up for his makeover so get over there fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment