Sunday, June 21, 2009

A much needed day of rest

I didn’t feel well enough to run today. I was still tired after my morning post and actually laid back down for a few minutes at around 10:30 but realized it would only make it worse so I forced myself to shower and get moving…kind of.
Dennis and I attempted to watch Angels and Demons but apparently I took too long to get ready…so we ended up not going. I really had no desire to do much…my work week can be pretty stressful, and I feel like by the time Saturday comes around I’m so beat! We watched the U.S. Open and just lounged around. And it was awesome.
I had some lunch at around 1:30ish. I grilled up some arugula with olive oil and garlic, and then added my leftover asparagus, and then wrapped it in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus and a slice of Swiss cheese.

IMG_2108 IMG_2110

So freakin good! Oh, and I ate some baby carrots while I was putting everything together.
After spending the rest of the afternoon watching golf and wondering when Tiger is going to pick up his game, we decided to go run a few much needed errands. While we were out, we got hungry and the closest place to go was TGIFriday’s.
Now I’ll be honest, I’m not a big fan of this place. I mean, it’s OK but I don’t really like most chain restaurants…I think the food is mediocre and it’s always hard to find something healthy. But Dennis LOVES their Jack Daniels burgers so I figured if all else fails, I can get a salad.
I ordered their Strawberry Fields chicken salad…no camera with me, sorry. According to The Daily Plate, this salad has about 500 calories and 10 grams of fat. I ate probably half of it, since my stomach is still being weird. Ahhhhhh
We did some shopping and I found a few cool treats:
Peanut Butter & Co’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB (I’ve been eyeing this for about a year now…seriously…and I finally gave in)
IMG_2112
And Earth’s Best Organic Letter of the Day Cookies (these were actually Dennis’s pick, which I thought was funny)
IMG_2113
They’re really good and low in fat and calories. 9 cookies = 90 calories and 4 grams of fat. Granted they’re small cookies, but they’re pretty sweet so I probably couldn’t eat more than 9 at a time anyway.

As soon as I unpacked everything I HAD to try the PB. I opened up and put some on a cracker….
IMG_2111
Wow. It’s really sweet and although I didn’t really dig it on the cracker I’m so excited to try it in a nice bowl of either regular oats or overnight oats.

I got a craving a few hours later for something sweet so I sliced up an apple and ate it with a tbsp. of regular PB mixed with a tbsp Greek yogurt. I will never get sick of this combo.
IMG_2115
And some peppermint tea.
IMG_2114
I love this tea. It has a very strong peppermint flavor—much more than any other tea I’ve tried. It’s really good.
And I also had a few honey wheat pretzel twists since there was a little PB/Yogurt leftover and I couldn’t let it go to waste!!

Kitty Time!!

We have a lot of stray cats in our neighborhood and lately they’ve been coming near our windows. Marley usually just watches, but his tail will start to wag hard and thump around. Dylan, on the other hand, the shy guy and the scaredy cat, turns into a tough guy! A cat came up on our front porch and Dylan’s tail puffed out, his hair was standing up, and he was growling and hissing and making all sorts of weird noises…it was pretty funny.
IMG_2116
They’re so funny! Can you see the eyes of the stray cat out on the porch?

Sunday’s forecast calls for BLAH BLAH BLAHness …rain alllll day. So that means my long run will have to turn into a short tempo run on the treadmill and if it’s not too late, a 90 minute power yoga class. (you have to sign up for them) I feel a bit better from resting but I also don’t want to overdo it tomorrow. My race is in 3 weeks so I have to keep myself healthy!! Oh and while I’m at the gym I have some plans to post some Operation Beautiful notes around….

I’m off to finish watching Metal Mania with Dennis (On VH-1 Classic) This show is so funny….nothing like spending my Saturday night with 80s hair bands….AC/DC’s You Shook Me All Night Long is on right now….

Good night ya’ll !!

No comments:

Post a Comment