Sunday, June 14, 2009

Boston Breakers!!

I was so excited when Dennis told me he bought these tickets. After running into half of the team at Harvard Square last week, knowing we had these tickets made me even more excited to see them!
I have to admit, I was very surprised at how many people were there. Not that I didn’t think they’d be able to draw a crowd, but it’s a new league and, well, soccer isn’t as popular as other sports around here. But there were people tailgating and one whole side of the stadium was filled. It was pretty cool.

IMG_1998  IMG_2007

IMG_2008 IMG_2021

IMG_2048 IMG_2032

They played the St. Louis Athletica whom also had some players from the US National team, including Hope Solo and Lori Chalupny. Unfortunately the home team lost 1-0 but it was still a great time.

Oh, and I didn’t realize how behind on my calories I was today. I had my leftover pizza before the game (2 slices) and a Clif bar at the game. When I got home I wasn’t feeling hungry but I knew I had to eat. I’m assuming I burned just around 750 calories on my run and before I got home from the game I had only eaten about 1500 calories. So I toasted up some cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread and slathered on some raw almond butter.

IMG_2064

I didn’t have the most balanced day today but I honestly was not in the mood for veggies at 9 p.m. I knew my stomach would easily digest the toast, but sometimes veggies and I just don’t get along.

It’s back to work tomorrow with my spin class at 5:45. UGH! I hate waking up so early!! But I know I’ll feel so much better when I’m done with my workout before I normally would have gotten up for work.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment