Saturday, June 20, 2009

Is tomorrow really the first day of summer?

Seriously. This month has been ridiculous. When are we going to have some real June weather here?
I mean, when you live in the Northeast, you wait MONTHS for nice weather…I’m talking MONTHS! We spend so much time here waiting for the sun, and USUSALLY by June it’s great to be outside! Not here my friends.

Unfortunately I don’t ski…I know so many people who loathe the warmer weather because that means skiing season is over. I keep saying either I’m going to have to start learning to ski, or move south. The way my track record is going, moving south seems to be much farther up the list :)

Backtrack a day to Friday morning…I was so far behind and I just couldn’t get it together. Somehow I found time to make breakfast:

IMG_2099

One Kashi Go Lean waffle with a scoop of PB, Plain Greek yogurt, and 1/2 a banana. YUM!

I missed both the 7:53 AND 8:11 trains (???) so I ended up taking the bus and getting to work 15 minutes later than normal.
As soon as I got settled and figured out what my assignments were for the day I grabbed a Grande soy misto at Starbucks and trudged through campus in the rain.

IMG_2101

IMG_2103

This is my pissed off “When the hell is it going to stop raining?” face. I was trying to use the map to figure out where I was going and the damn umbrella got hold of the wind and made me spill my coffee on myself. Stupid RAIN!!

After packing a lovely lunch filled with veggies, an awesome Almond Butter and Strawberry Rhubarb preserves sandwich (the preserves came from the Farmer’s Market at Harvard last week) some fruit and some yummy snackies, I only ate the sandwich and the apple, leaving behind about 400 calories that I normally would have (and should have) eaten. At the end of the day, even after dinner, I was about 800 calories away from what I normally eat in a day (even without working out)  I just wasn’t hungry! The humid weather always messes with my sinuses and gives me headaches, which affects my stomach.

I got home at around 5 and Dennis ordered some Indian food. I felt bad because he LOVES Indian and lately I haven’t been in the mood for it. Since I didn’t want to go through the whole “What do you want?, no what do YOU want?” conversation, I said I’d go for Indian and ordered Chicken Tandoori since it’s just chicken baked in a clay pot. Nothing spicy, no sauce. I decided to take a piece of the chicken and shred it up on top of half a piece of garlic naan and it eat like a wrap.

IMG_2104  IMG_2105

It was actually really good! And just enough.
Shortly after I ate this, I went to bed. I really just needed to lay down and relax. I put on the satellite radio and listened for a while until I drifted off.

I slept for almost 10 hours. I felt better when I woke up this morning so I made my favorite Oatmeal Pancake:

IMG_2106  IMG_2107

  • 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 smashed banana
  • cinnamon to taste
  • 1 tbsp PB
  • Greek Yogurt (not sure how much, I put on about two spoonfuls)
  • Equals perfection :)

The sun is finally out but tomorrow calls for RAIN ALL DAYYYYY and a high of 63. Hopefully I can get my long run in today….

No comments:

Post a Comment