Friday, June 12, 2009

Hitting the wall

I had no desire to work out today. I set my alarm for 6 to go for a run, but it was pouring. I didn’t have enough time to go to the gym so I decided to snooze until 7. I got ready for work and had some overnight oats (my smaller portion—1/3 of everything,) packed my lunch and snacks for the day, and ran out of the house at 8:05 to make it to my 8:11 train…which I JUST got to in time…it was rollin’ on up while I was coming down the street.

I ate my lunch in three different stages. At 11 I had a mini Green Monster.

IMG_1954

  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder

I’m still not sure I’m using enough liquid. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try adding a half cup of water?

I had a meeting at 12:30 so I decided to eat some of my lunch first, just because I wasn’t sure the mini GM would hold me over.

I ate about half? Maybe a little less.

IMG_1956

I used yesterday’s lunch leftovers (Amy’s Organic mac and cheese) and I bumped it up with some peas for color (and veggies) and tuna for some protein.

After the meeting at around 2 I had the rest and a few pineapple pieces I had left over. That’s it, the end of the pineapples :(

I came home at around 3:30 and saw a box of sugar cookies from my FAVORITE bakery. So I had one. A pretty little Tulip that Dennis picked out for me :)

IMG_1970

IMG_1969

Tulip for me, alligator for him. HA! We’re dorks.

I started catching up on blogs and realized I was exhausted. I’m seeing a pattern here. By the end of the week I’ve lost all desire to work out or care much about what I eat. I just want to sleep and feel comforted. So I figured I’d take a nap. It seemed as if my body was telling me I needed it.

I only slept for about a half hour because I didn’t want to overdo it. I actually woke up to a loud, grumbles in my tummy so I got up and made a salad.

IMG_1958

I used romaine, one whole organic tomato from the organic farm brought over by my neighbors, baby carrots, and some of my sprouted beans, garnished with some garlic, oregano, white balsamic and olive oil.

After debating whether or not I wanted to work out, I finally decided to go to the gym just to walk on the TreadClimber. The sun came out at around 6 (finally!) so I considered a walk around my ‘hood, but honestly, it’s pretty shady around here—especially when the weather gets nice. Everyone comes out of the woodwork. (seriously) So I thought a trip to the gym would be better.

I normally don’t have to second guess going to the gym, or doing anything physical for that matter…especially when the sun is out and it’s nice and warm. But for some reason I feel like these past two days I’ve hit some kind of wall where I just don’t feel like doing it. This isn’t like me. But I think it’s more toward the end of the week …. you know, the tiredness of the week starts to hit you like a brick by Wednesday night, so Thursdays and Fridays are always tough for me. Physically and mentally I’m fried by the end of the week.

Dennis says he thinks part of my problem is that I stopped taking vitamins. I used to take GNC Ultra Mega Women’s Active vitamins but I ran out and never restocked. I honestly figured with a balanced diet you don’t NEED to take OTC vitamins. I’m getting all I need from my food choices!

Maybe he’s right.

I'm going to go buy some more this weekend and keep a record of how I feel throughout the week for a few weeks so I can see if there is a change.

But right before I got there, I heard a strange dragging noise coming from under the car. I know my car needs servicing so I freaked out….I don’t have AAA (I really need to re-sign up) and I was so worried I’d need to get it towed. I pulled into the gym’s parking lot and a car from behind me stopped to tell me I was dragging something. “Yeah, I know…” I said, embarrassed, and waved them off. Then, of course, I called Dennis to come to my rescue.

He drove out to help me. He climbed under the car and pulled off the piece of metal, which apparently was just a covering to part of my exhaust, so nothing serious (Thank GOD) but by the time this all took place it was already 7:30 and I was hungry. So I came home. Oh well, I tried.

Then I made a repeat of yesterday’s dinner. Lame, I know, but when I’m craving something, I’m craving it!

Grilled Swiss cheese sammie on Ezekiel bread with roasted garlic hummus and onion (instead of the ‘mato this time, which I enjoyed MUCH better than yesterday)

I also had a Sam Adams Imperial Stout. This beer ROCKS!

IMG_1962 IMG_1959

And half a chocolate cupcake from, you guessed it! Our favorite bakery.

IMG_1968

And as a snack a few hours later, I had some whole wheat sesame crackers with PB. Yum!

IMG_1966

And now I’m DoNe!

I’m already tired. I might have to get up and do my long run tomorrow since Sunday is calling for all types of rain. UGH! More RAIN!

Night ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment