Sunday, June 14, 2009

Debating

Hello! I missed out on blogging yesterday due to a massive headache + Benadryl which equals cranky and sleepy. But the Benadryl helped and by 5 p.m. (after wasting the entire day) I was finally up and kickin’.

I got up at around 8 Saturday morning to hit the gym. I ate 2 Kashi Go Lean waffles with 1 tbsp on PB spread on each and a dollop of 0% TJ’s Greek Yogurt.

IMG_1972 

I’m such a dork—trying to make a smiley face…it kind of looks like big googly fly eyes…haha

And yes, most, if not all of my breakfasts have PB and/or yogurt. I just love the combo and it sticks with me.

At around 9:30 I hit the gym. I had a headache but I wanted to get something in since I couldn’t workout Friday due to my car situation.
I started with 12 minutes on the stationary “spin” bike (man, spinning kicks my ass like no other) while I waited for the TreadClimber to free-up. As soon as the person got off I hopped off the bike and marked my territory. There is only one functioning TreadClimber right now so you have to steak your claim or you’re doomed.

I walked 2.0 miles on the TreadClimber starting out at 3.5 and moved up to 3.8 mph. I have to start out slow on this because it takes some time to get your balance. I like this machine because it’s almost like you’re climbing up hills for the whole time but you also have to really use your core to balance yourself, which is the difference between just walking on an incline on the treadmill. They say you can burn twice as many calories in the same time as just walking, but I’d estimate it’s more like 50% more. For example, I estimate that I burn about 100 calories per mile walked normally, so on this machine I’d estimate about 150 calories burned per mile.

After the TreadClimber I grabbed some weights and did an ab/arm workout on the balance ball. I LOVE working out on the balance ball. Lifting on the ball, again, forces you to use your core so you’re working your abs the entire time. Love it!
Total time:

  • 12 minutes on bike
  • 33 minutes on TreadClimber
  • 15 minutes weight training

Equals exactly 60 minutes at the gym.

Then I came home, showered and MAN was I thirsty. I drank so much water but I couldn’t get satisfied. And my headache was just getting worse and worse (and so was my crankiness…sorry Dennis) I knew I needed to eat so I made a half bagel pizza:

IMG_1974 IMG_1975

That I burned…haha

I used:

  • 1/2 whole wheat bagel
  • 1 slice mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tbsp. homemade pasta sauce (to be used again later)

I put it under the broiler on high (should have used the low setting) for about 5 minutes and had to run across the house to take it out when I realized how toasty it was on top. It wasn’t toasty on the bottom though, so I was disappointed.  But it was the perfect portion.

It was finally a nice day out so we were discussing going somewhere, but due to my headache (and crankiness) we decided just do our grocery shopping and figure out what to do for dinner. (Yes I’m lame)
But before we went I had a smoothie.

IMG_1979 IMG_1982

I used:

  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup 0% TJ’s Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen mangos
  • about a tsp of agave nectar

This wasn’t the best smoothie because I used yogurt. I usually LOVE yogurt but it made it way too thick and tangy. Next time I’ll just use the milk and fruit. I was only able to drink about 3/4 of this. Bummer.

At the store we decided to make my favorite weekend ritual of homemade pizza for dinner. I usually make it on Sundays after my long run but we have plans for the evening (we’ll get to that later) so we won’t be home for dinner.

This is where the Benadryl comes into play. It was only about 2:30 when we got back from the store and I was just a miserable mess. I hate taking Benadryl because it knocks me out, but I really needed a nap or SOMETHING….so after fighting with myself about it I took 2 and laid down.

I emerged at around 5 feeling like a million bucks. I was ready to rock and roll (and my belly was grumbling) so I started making the pizza.

Damn I love making homemade pizza. It’s so much healthier when you make it yourself! Especially when you’re using homemade sauce too!

IMG_1984  IMG_1985

I used spinach on my half of the pizza, along with our homemade pasta sauce (Dennis made this sauce---it’s a little sweeter than my sauce but it’s really good) along with fresh mozzarella and goat cheeses. YUM!!

For dessert, we decided to take care of our leftover cupcakes that Dennis bought the other day. I started out with the other half from Friday night…but he had half of one too….so I ate his half, and then he ate another half of the vanilla one. Too good to resist.

IMG_1968

At around 10:30 I had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn and was in bed by 11:30. We spent the evening watching baseball and listening to DJ Dennis play a random mix of old school 90s music. (It’s so much fun remembering what and when we were doing when those songs were popular…ahhh memories)

So yeah---what am I debating you ask???

I love running on the Charles River. There’s a 7.5 mile race coming up on the Charles in 2 weeks that I’d love to run, but I’m not sure if it would be too much given that 2 weeks after THAT I’m running my first ever 15K. I asked my friend Ann and she thinks it should be fine. I haven’t signed up yet but I’m thinking today will be the deciding day. I just don’t want to go overboard. What do you think?

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment