Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beer surprise

I came home from work Friday and found two bottles of Green’s gluten free beer in the refrigerator. What a nice surprise from the bf. Since I was planning to run early on Saturday morning, I had to wait to try the beer, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

He picked out their Endeavor double dark beer and their triple blonde beer called Quest. I jumped at the dark beer first since I’m a dark beer kinda gal.

green's endeavor

Nothing will ever compare to my Guinness, Otter Creek Stovepipe porter or Young’s Double Chocolate Stout (to name a few of my favs) but this isn’t bad! Not that I need to drink beer, but it’s nice to know that being gluten free doesn’t mean I don’t have options. 

For those of you out there who might be gluten free and wondering what type of beer to try, this one is a must. It was very strong tasting. Bold, not watered down. You definitely could tell you’re drinking a beer. My only complaint is that the taste of the alcohol was a little strong, but it wasn’t really bad.

Maaan…why does the weekend have to go by so FAST?

3 comments:

  1. oooh I wish we had that in Australia...I can only find one type :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend does fly! I live in the first town in Maine over the border, Kittery. It's cheaper to buy here than Portsmouth, NH. I plan to stay here for at least 5 yrs or so and am hoping that purchasing a townhome is a good investment...it's a risk, but anytime you buy a home there are risks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you live in Kittery Maine! Ok for some reason I thought you were in MA. Yeah it's much cheaper to buy there. It was so expensive where we were. I think purchasing a townhouse there would be a great investment! You're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete