Friday, February 12, 2010

My kind of taco salad

IMG_0255

Oh was this good.

We had some leftover 99% fat free ground turkey and ground pork from some meatballs we made last week, so tacos were on the mind. But I wanted to make this more of a salad than a taco, so that’s exactly what I did.

IMG_0257

I cooked the ground meat in the skillet and added some taco seasoning. Then I chopped up some romaine (ok, more than just SOME) and topped it with some of the meat, some crumbled tortilla chips, salsa, a little bit of cheddar, scallions, and avocado. Phew! That’s some good eats right there. And it was really simple.

IMG_0256

I finally went back to work today after a long week of being snowed in, and I must admit-it was nice to have an excuse to get dressed in real clothes, do my hair and put on some make-up. And as much as I hate waking up before 6 a.m., I missed starting out my day at the gym.

I decided since my hip was bothering me earlier this week to start my workout on the elliptical to see how I felt. I might have to continue doing this because it’s a great way to warm up and it’s much less strenuous on my body. 20 minutes on the elliptical, then 20 minutes hard on the treadmill. I find that I can run much faster after warming up well on the elliptical too. It felt good to be back!

But now it’s not even 9:00 on a Friday and I’m ready for bed. I’m so lame…

1 comment: