Thursday, February 25, 2010

Locked out

locked out

Talk about a crappy way to end your day!

Our door handle broke so we couldn’t get into our house after work. We waited three hours to get in, and paid $200 for a locksmith to run a plastic thingy down the doorway that got us in in less than 15 seconds. Awesome. But he replaced the handle for “just a tip” so whatever.

Luckily we were able to hang out at our neighbor Sue’s house while we waited. Unfortunately, I ended up being forced to eat an eggplant dinner that, as I suspected, was breaded. I ate around as much of the breading as I could and felt like garbage about an hour later. Oh well. I’ll have to start over tomorrow.

On a good note, I found a treadmill at my gym that kicked my ass this morning. I mentioned yesterday that I needed to run hills, so I asked the gym owner if there was a machine that worked properly (seriously if I had to pay, I would not use this gym. But it’s convenient, and it’s free, so dammit, I use it.) and he showed me this really old school looking treadmill in the corner. It looks about 20 years old, so I never thought to try it. But when I say it kicked my ass, I mean it KICKED MY ASS.

I ran 3 miles in just under 30 minutes with an average 3% incline but it really seemed like so much higher than that. I really needed that run.

Oh, and I tried to do some chin ups and pull ups today…man am I weak! I have a friend who was telling me something about how you can train yourself to do them by using a chair or something like that….yeah, I’m too much of a clutz for that. I need a spotter. The trainer at the gym helped me today but he did more helping than I did working, so I’m going to keep trying until I can do it on my own. Man they’re hard! I want to be kick ass and be able to do 5 in a row of each. A girl can dream right?

Oh and I just wanted to give a big thanks to those who have been helping me with my tummy issues. You ladies have been a huge help. Thanks so much for all of your input! It means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment