Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No people I’m NOT obsessed….

Does this happen to you?

People, for some reason, try to make me feel like I’m a freak for the way I eat—especially when we eat out—and pick on me for the foods I bring from home. Why do I always have to hear the rantings of how I’m “obsessed” and “it’s not healthy to take pictures of your food and be overly obsessed with what you eat.” No Amanda this isn’t JUST about you ;) It’s everywhere I go.

I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed. I would say I’m conscious. Big difference. I know what makes me feel good and what doesn’t.
I will admit that I have an issue with eating out. I am very finicky about what’s on a menu and how things are made. I’m not saying I’ll never just go out and EAT…I did that last Saturday night. I had pumpkin tortellini with a mascarpone cream sauce AND THEN had a cannoli and I enjoyed every last bite. But on a daily basis or just during the week when I’m keeping myself on track, I don’t like to be thrown off. Sometimes it happens, and I can deal with that. But I don’t think the fact that I eat a certain way (as well as I can) should open the floodgates to my harassment.

All natural organic peanut butter? Love it. Hummus. Goat cheese. Arugula. Sprouts. Soy milk. I put plain yogurt and cinnamon on my sweet potatoes. I bake my fries. I use fresh salsa on my baked potatoes (and plain yogurt too) I eat peanut butter on just about everything (I actually mixed it with plain yogurt and used it as frosting on a piece of yellow cake and it was SOOOO GOOOOD!!)  All of this stuff is GOOD to me. Some people find these things to be so out of whack that they just can’t help but pick on me for it. 

It makes it really hard to enjoy my meal when I have someone breathing down my neck about how gross it looks, or asking me how the hell I could possibly eat what I’m eating. Do you guys have to go through this? How do you deal with it?

Today was very busy at work. I didn’t get home until around 7, and since we had to wait (patiently) for people to come look at our apartment (they were supposed to come at 7 but never showed. UGH!) I didn’t get to go to the gym. That’s Ok, I’ll just get up and run tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won’t rain on me. (Did I mention that I seriously need to move to the desert?)

It’s not all bad folks. I’m just being real. Not everyday is going to be a wonderful happy day for me, and I feel it’s important to share these kinds of days with you guys as well. Here’s to a dose of Tylenol PM for the nagging headache I have, a good night’s sleep, and an awesome last day of the work week tomorrow.

Cheers ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment