Monday, July 27, 2009

Never underestimate the power of cleaning

I knew I had some work to do yesterday with trying to get our place organized. We’re not slobs by any means, but it doesn’t take much to get a sparkling clean house dirty with two cats and a man…hahaha
I spent yesterday late morning and early afternoon cleaning. I:

  • Cleaned the bathroom which includes sink, toilet, tub, and floor, which I scrubbed on my hands and knees. This in itself took me an hour.
  • Swept all the floors in our apt. We have very nice hardwood floors and our place is pretty big. This took me about 25 minutes.
  • Vacuumed the oriental carpet in our dining room
  • Used the hose to vacuum up cat hair clumps in hidden places
  • Cleaned up kitty vomit (gross)
  • Cleaned up the kitchen, put dishes away, started a new load, etc
  • Then I got into a fight with some pizza dough for our Sunday night pizza

Let me tell you. Between the cleaning and the fight with the pizza dough (I finally won, by the way, and boy am I glad no one was here to witness it. It was quite embarrassing) I worked up a sweat.
The foot was a little swollen today but nothing that a little ice couldn’t handle.

SIDENOTE: I’m sure I’ve already explained that I’m not a huge movie person but Dennis and I watched Juno last night and I LOVED it. She was hysterical. Loved it.

I can’t find my photos but I made another batch of my amazing vegan black bean chili in my slow cooker. I love my slow cooker. It’s so nice to have a nice meal to come home to after a long day at work. And when it’s hot and humid, it’s nice not to have the oven on.  If you don’t have one, get one. Now. Seriously.

Do you think a nutrition and overall wellness unit should be included in schools? I know there’s a health unit already but from what I remember, it was more sexual health than anything else. And honestly, no one took it seriously. It was only taught in 9th grade and it wasn’t a full credit. We need to start much younger. It’s like teaching a second language – the younger you get them to start, the easier it will be for them to learn, the more you encourage them to keep up with it, the better chance they will.

Now I know I can’t leave you without at least one picture, so here are two of the kitties.

IMG_2397 
This is what I call Taxidermy kitty. When it’s hot, Marley likes to lay on his back or side with his paws out and this freakishly almost dead look on his face. His mouth is open too. It looks like he’s a stuffed kitty. Hence, Taxidermy kitty.

IMG_2370 
Dylan likes to burrow his way under any sheet or blanket he can find. I have an egg crate and sheets on our futon for when guests stay over. He owns this futon now. He was hiding under the egg crate and peeked out to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment