Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread with Cream cheese frosting

My computer has officially crashed. Dead. Done. I have to share now with Dennis, so we’ll see how this goes. It’s funny how we rely on technology so much. I mean, whatever will I do with myself? (I’m kidding. I’m in front of a computer all day at work. In a way, it’s actually kind of liberating.)

Which brings me to this:

DSC_0626

Angela at Oh She Glows is amazing. This is one of the first recipes I’ve attempted of hers and why I was nervous is beyond me. (maybe I was afraid I wouldn’t do it justice.)  It was everything I expected it to be and more.

I will admit that I made a slight change. Her recipe called for a buttercream frosting and I went for a cream cheese frosting instead. What can I say? I’m a sucker for cream cheese. You can get the original recipe here. 

DSC_0628

The middle is moist and chewy, just the way I  like it. I made this originally for my company’s Thanksgiving potluck and they loved it. It was completely vegan (well, minus the cream cheese) but they were completely clueless to that fact. I’m sneaky like that, I guess.

Are you more of a baker or a cook? I’m definitely more of a baker, but I do love to get my cook on. Since Dennis likes to cook, it gives me more leeway with the oven.  He just doesn’t like it when I mess with his peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment