Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gym etiquette #17: The towel pick-up

 

gym towel

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been running on the treadmill and had to watch helplessly (and try not to trip) while my towel goes flying off the hand rails. It happened to me again today and while there were about five people around me, not one person had the decency to grab it for me when they walked by.

Really guys? You can’t see that I’m sweating profusely and I really REALLY need that damn towel? You all saw it happen. I know you did. Every time I see it happen to someone else, I’ll grab it for them if I’m walking by.

Is it just me or is that rude?

In case you’d like to know, I have not had the chance to try a new detergent or do any laundry for that matter, but I have been hearing some interesting stories. Kristina at Life as Kristina asked mentioned trying a different bra type and it made me realize that all the bras that stink are the same brand. Bummer. I’ll have to work on  that.

Here’s a question for you…when you have a short amount time to fit in a workout, what do you do to make the best of it?

I did a quick 25 minute sprint routine on the treadmill that left me so sweaty, even a shower didn’t help. It still took an hour to cool down. Would using weights and walking on an incline be just as suffice, without as much sweat?

No comments:

Post a Comment