Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Glorified egg sandwich

I love eating eggs for dinner. My days are so long between work, gym, and commuting that I have to find ways to eat something quick, healthy, and not TOO filling since I don’t get to eat until around 8 p.m. Breakfast seems to be my new dinner, with my bigger and more nutritious meal being lunch. So yes, I basically eat two breakfasts. Don’t judge.

IMG_1237

That being said, I like to find ways to spice up these simple meals. I say, nothing works better than fresh herbs.

IMG_1239

The other thing is make sure you have some really good bread.

IMG_1242

Perfection.

What I used:

  • One egg plus one egg white
  • 2 slices of Pain de Campagne (or any other type of sliced, crusty bread)
  • 1 slice of provolone (or cheese of your choice)
  • One small handful of fresh parsley

Fry that bad boy up to perfection, add the parsley while the egg is still cooking, put the cheese on top, fold over. Place on toasted bread. Eat.

Do you have tips for glorifying up otherwise simple, bland foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment