Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011

 

happy new year 2011

Well well well. It’s a new year already. How the heck did that happen?

Oh, and yeah I know I’ve been gone a while. In brief-a new job with a LONG commute, a nasty virus on my computer, and spending my Christmas break sick are three of my excuses for being MIA. I had a bunch of pictures ready to share from my holiday work party where I made Angela’s pumpkin gingerbread with spiced buttercream, but the demons that took over my computer didn’t allow me to post them. And I’ve lost more than half of my pictures from the year, so needless to say, I was hesitant to even start posting again.

Thanks for forgiving me.  I knew you’d understand.

I wish I could do a recap of all the fun and exciting things I did in 2010 but without pictures, that will just suck. So instead, here is a list of goals I have for 2011.

  • Spend more time with my family (this one is huge!) 
  • Stop talking so much (I hate uncomfortable silence. This has GOT to stop. I don’t always need to be talking)
  • Don’t sweat the small stuff! (I got the book for Christmas and I’m really trying to take it seriously)
  • Focus on strength - both physical and mental. This means more yoga and Body Pump classes
  • Be a better spender. i.e. I'll be spending money on yoga and a gym membership and also visiting my family in NY and AZ, so I still need to find a way to be better with my money
  • Run the Marine Corps Marathon. This is last on my list because I don't want to make it of high importance. If it happens, it happens. But I don't want to over-stress. I was just reading about it so that's probably why I'm thinking about it. This one definitely may change, but I figure it's nice to see it written out!

I will wish you all a Happy New Year with all the bells and whistles, health, prosperity and happiness you deserve. I truly believe life is what you make it. I am a pretty positive person overall, but I do have the tendency to let things get to me. “Let it go!” is going to be my daily mantra when I’m stuck in traffic and get cut off by that jerk-off who OBVIOUSLY saw me trying to merge in…

No comments:

Post a Comment