As I said yesterday, I’m trying to stir things up in the kitchen. So here’s a quick and easy weeknight recipe for ya’ll.
Colorful whole wheat spirals (One serving)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onions
- Handful sliced portabella mushrooms
- Two big handfuls of spinach and arugula
- 1/2 cubed sweet potato, cooked in the microwave first for 5 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Marinara)
- 1 oz. goat cheese crumbles
Boil your water and add pasta. While pasta is cooking, place sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes. (If you don’t have one, just pop it in the oven for 25 minutes, but be sure to cut it in half so it cooks faster) Put about a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Add veggies and cook. When sweet potato is done, cube it and add it to your veggie mix. Add marinara. Add flax. When your pasta is al dente, add pasta and mix all together in the pan.
Plate it and then add cheese. Eat.
Still waiting to hear about our NOVA address. I really don’t know how many more sleepless nights I can handle. It’s been really stressful not knowing if we’ll have a place to live before Mr. Fitch starts his new job. Although it’s a virtue, being patient really sucks.