Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sick day

I got a phone call on Friday from my doctor’s office telling me I need to come back in ASAP to re-take my urine test. She said it came back abnormal and I might have an infection. I thought it was strange since I wasn’t feeling any type of symptoms but better safe than sorry.

After spending an hour and a half waiting (and that was only after I complained and pretty much demanded my co-pay back … that’s a different blog post) my urine sample showed I have a urinary tract infection (UTI) and I was prescribed antibiotics.

I hate taking antibiotics. And since I didn’t feel any of the symptoms I almost didn’t buy them. My sister convinced me to be on the safe side, so I took my first dose Monday evening along with a probiotic, and shortly after went to bed.

At 1 a.m. I woke up in SO MUCH PAIN. I couldn’t believe it! All of the symptoms I didn’t have suddenly appeared. On top of that, I was nauseas and freezing. I got up and put on wool socks and a hoodie because I couldn’t get warm. Oh, and I was wide awake and all alone since Dennis was out of town last night for work.  Just my luck!

I spent about 2 hours watching Nick@Nite (I don’t remember The Cosby Show being as cheesy as it was last night—still love it though) and sometime after Home Improvement started, I finally fell asleep again. Sometime around 5 a.m. I woke up again with the same pain, but a little subdued, and I promptly sent my boss an email explaining that a sick day was in order.

I have been on the couch all day recovering with a heating pad watching crappy daytime TV and trying to drink as much water as I can. However, my symptoms feel more like a crampy, achy feeling in my ovaries, not so much in the bladder. Is it possible that I had a reaction to the antibiotics? 

3 comments:

  1. awww sweetie :) Please rest up - hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( You should call the doc's office and tell them about your reaction . . . sorry you are feeling poorly, UTI's are the pits. You're healthy though and it'll be gone before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely call your doctor's office & let them know what happened. It's weird that all of a sudden you go the symptoms. I remember when I got my first UTI I didn't know what was wrong. I (stupidly) didn't go to the doctors until I was on vacation in Arizona. I realized something must have been wrong when I didn't have an appetite & I was freezing in the middle of summer in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete