Thursday, December 10, 2009

All Night Long

You know the song. The one by Lionel Richie. The one that’s in the Mountain Dew commercials. Yeah, that one. It’s also the same song my bladder sings to me.

One of the things I’ve been trying to do lately is drink more water. Now that I’m back on a regular schedule I’ve been drinking (water) like it’s my job. I usually go through about 3 bottles a day, plus my morning coffee, plus an afternoon green tea…and that’s just while I’m at work! So yeah, I’m a walking waterworks time bomb and I seriously have to pee every 45 minutes.

It sucks.

IMG_0058

My skin has been out of control lately and since I’ve been running longer runs I felt that drinking more water should be a top priority. I still don’t drink as much as I probably should. But how much is enough?

And how much of peeing all night long can I take?

I almost cried on my way home from work tonight because I didn’t think I was going to make it. I went to the bathroom just before I left and I swear as I was pulling out of the parking lot I had to go again.

And to make matters worse, the more I drink, the more thirsty I am. What’s up with that?

What’s the rule on fluid intake and why the hell do I feel so thirsty when all I’ve done today is drink??

I’m off to bed. Hopefully I’ll only get up once…

1 comment:

  1. You'd better get checked to be sure you don't have diabetes.

    ReplyDelete