Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer lovin

Things I loved about this weekend:

A trip to the farmer’s market

image

Indian food (channa masala from our new favorite Indian restaurant) 

IMG_0404

Lunch at Wegman’s

image 

Where I had veggie sushi and found matcha green tea lattes. Score!

Our local Asian market where I found ridiculously cheap avocados, fresh spinach, cilantro, and

image

Kobacha squash which I thought was out of season.

image

This stuff is going to be the death of me, I know it.

image

A kick ass salad made with fresh farmer’s market veggies: spinach, romaine, green beans, tomatoes, and fresh homemade salsa…which makes the best salad dressing by the way. I am going to have to start canning salsa so I can have it all year round.

Things I didn’t love as much:

image 
It actually got up to 106. Yuck.

image

This is the bruise that I woke up to after I pulled my quad playing soccer. Awesome.

And we had a really nasty storm Sunday afternoon that knocked out half of our power. Our fridge is not working and neither is our AC. Bad bad bad.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a great weekend - but OUCH that bruise looks nasty :( Hope it heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete