Monday, July 19, 2010

A little something different

This weekend was HOT. I feel like I’ve been saying this a lot but it’s just been so freaking uncomfortable. I’m hearing that this summer has been unseasonably hot, and according to my favorite coffee shop owner, it’s “Florida hot.” He lived there for 6 years before moving here, so he’s loving it.

I, however, am not.

Saturday morning I slept right through my alarm so I missed a run with my running group. However, after Thursday’s pickup soccer game, I could barely walk until this morning. I had a terrible time sleeping because every time I moved, the pain woke me up. How embarrassing! I haven’t been this sore in a while.

Since I didn’t run, we decided to jump in the car and explore the area. We ended up in the cute little town of Occoquan, VA. We walked around for a bit and had lunch at this cute little place.

IMG_0881

I’ll admit-we mostly stopped because of the name.

IMG_0882

But the food was good and the beer selection is insane. Too bad I can’t drink any of it! But I had a glass of chardonnay instead, which went well with my summer veggie salad. (Red peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, onions, garlic, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, seasoned with fresh herbs, oil and vinegar and served on a bed of lettuce) Perfect on a hot day. 

IMG_0883

Check out some of the pictures we took-this one place looked like Alice in Wonderland-

IMG_0874  IMG_0876

IMG_0880 IMG_0873

IMG_0885 IMG_0877
That window just makes me laugh!

This morning I woke up at 5 a.m unable to sleep, so I got out of bed and ran. I didn’t use my Garmin, I just went. It was so nice to just run for “feel” again. I think I’ll be leaving the Garmin behind for a while. Sometimes it stresses me out. 

Do you need to keep track of time/distance in order to feel fulfilled?

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what gorgeous pics! I like to keep track of mileage as a motivation factor!

    ReplyDelete