Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oh soccer, glad to have you back

image

I grew up playing soccer. I played in college as well, so it’s something I take pretty seriously. So whenever the opportunity arises, I’m there.

There’s a group of people who play pick-up games on their lunch hours at work, but since I had been training for my half marathon, I didn’t want to take the chance of getting hurt.  But today was the day that I welcomed soccer back in my life.

Let me tell you, on top of it being close to 100 degrees and really humid, I struggled. I am in BAD soccer shape. I fell a few times and had a hard time getting up because I was so beat! Soccer running is so different than marathon running, and boy am I feeling it. I’m not sore (yet) but I have 2 huge blisters ion the balls of my feet and I’m exhausted. But it was fun and I’m definitely going to be adding this to my weekly routine.

I had been struggling with runner’s rut, so this is the perfect way to change things up a little.  Now if only I could convince my boss that taking 1.5 hour lunch breaks are appropriate!

And now, I leave you with these….

image

HEAB gave credit to Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers for flourless peanut butter cookie. Holy cow … you must make these.

The recipe calls for:

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg and
  • 1 cup of PB.

Period.

However I used

  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup PB
  • 1/4 cup raw sugar
  • 1/2 cup honey

I would use less honey next time because I felt like it was too overpowering, and I would also use my natural PB rather than Dennis’ Jif because I just found them to bee a little sweeter than I wanted, but they were still really good. Also, I will use crunchy PB because I just think the crunch would make it that much better. I will definitely be making another batch this weekend with the changes.

Here’s to the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that I have actually NEVER played soccer! Carzy huh!

    ReplyDelete