Sunday, January 10, 2010

Banana Coconut Oatmeal Protein Pancakes (Another HEAB inspired breakfast)

Whew! That’s a mouthful!

These pancakes were delightful. I had an overripe banana that needed to be used and since I ran out of pumpkin puree, I decided to try something new.

Ingredients:

  • 1 overripe banana
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (just grind up 1/2 cup rolled oats to a flour consistency)
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used 1% bc it was all we had left)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp. dried unsweetened coconut
  • About 1 tsp cinnamon

I mixed the dry ingredients together first, and then I mixed the wet in my fake Magic Bullet. Then I blended all of the ingredients together since it doesn’t seem to mix well by hand. It might seem a little runnier than the usual pancake mix. If you want it to be thicker, either add less milk or use more flour. (obviously!) I’m still playing around with this recipe so next time I will add less milk to start.

Cooking….

IMG_0164

IMG_0168

IMG_0166

The banana and coconut together was so good.

Moving back to Bubba the dog.
Dennis and I had a long talk about adopting Bubba. The problem is that he is a pit bull and we don’t know what kind of life he had before he ran away from his owner. Dennis is very worried that he would hurt our cats, especially since Marley hates dogs. If this dog is not used to cats and he tries to attack Marley (because Marley WILL attack any dog that comes near him) he could really hurt the cats.

I was very very sad when I realized that he’s right.

However, since being featured on the news, according to the Save A Dog, Save A Cat website, many people are showing interest in adopting Bubba. I just feel so bad that it couldn’t be us. Oh well.

After the whole Bubba ordeal we went to PetSmart to get food for the cats. I mentioned in the car that if there was any kind of adoption fair going on in there that I would probably lose it. As soon as we walked in, there was a huge sign saying “Adoption Clinic Today” and Dennis just looked at me like, “Ooooh boy….” After we walked by cages and cages of cats and kittens that needed homes and a few dogs playing with volunteers, Dennis said, “You know, the problem is that if we adopted another animal, you’d still walk by here and want to adopt more.”

He’s so right! And in the words of my mom, “You don’t want to be known as that crazy lady with all the animals. No one will want to go to your house!”

No comments:

Post a Comment