Friday, October 16, 2009

Three things that made my Friday fabulous

HEAB WAS RIGHT!!!!
OK, let me explain.

I love squash, so when Heather said she found one that would make me never want to eat another kind of squash again, I knew I had to try it. Last weekend, Dennis and I took a trip to an international market and I snagged a kabocha squash to try. All I can say is what took me so long??

kabocha_squash_sm (yes I’m recycling this picture)

I popped the entire kabocha squash in the oven and roasted at 350* for an hour. I cracked it open, put a little raw coconut oil on top and …. well, it was heaven on a plate. I couldn’t believe how amazing this squash is. The flavor is amazing and the texture can’t be described. It didn’t need the coconut oil either—I ate some more with my dinner and had it plain. So good. HEAB you ROCK! Now I’m going to see how many fun things I can make with this amazing ...ummm fruit? … and I bet they’ll mostly be coming from her!

Also, I’ve been absolutely obsessed with these:

TJ's masala-burger-box

Holy crap these are good. They’re soy free too for all you peeps out there looking to stay away from the soy. I don’t mind soy but I try to help those out who do :)

And last but not least, another star to my Friday:

stovepipe-porter-21136942 stovepipe-porter-20234-1

Here’s a beer that makes me smile. I found this beer at a bar in Syracuse when Dennis and I still lived in NY. This beer makes me smile. We found a kick ass Wine and Beer distributor about 5 minutes away from our house that sells beers from all over the world. You can mix and match your 6 pack or case, and I was so happy to see this down here. I don’t drink nearly as much as I used to, but part of enjoying life is enjoying good food and a good beer every once in a while (again, thanks HEAB for reminding me of that) It’s Friday, I’m watching the ACLS and dammit, I’m enjoying a good tasting cold one. Amen to that.

1 comment:

  1. OK where can I find a kabocha in Norwich?
    Glad you are settling in there! : )

    ReplyDelete