Friday, October 15, 2010

Wine and chocolate

I know some wine snobs who invite people over solely to taste fancy wines and stinky cheese. I went to one of these parties a few years ago and although I had a great time, I laughed at the pretentiousness of the hostesses … with their idea that the only way you can enjoy a good wine is with a specific cheese or a dish that matches the color of the wine (i.e. white wines to white dishes, red wines to red dishes.)

I personally like red wines better than white so I don’t care if I’m eating chicken or tofu-if I want a glass of red wine, dammit I’m drinking it. And tonight, I paired my favorite match as a celebratory end to a stressful week.

IMG_1094

I don’t know about you, but I don’t think there’s a better end to a long week than wine AND chocolate.

IMG_1091 

IMG_1091

What do you like to pair your wine with? Do you prefer red to white? Or how about blush?

2 comments:

  1. I'm more of a white wine person and will drink it with pretty much anything combo wise. I'd rather get a glass of something I know I'll like ahead of time more times than not.

    ReplyDelete