Monday, October 18, 2010

If you can’t take the heat….

I like heat but not HEAT. I can eat spicy food that doesn’t burn so much that I can no longer taste my food. If I’m spending too much time drinking water and wiping my forehead, it’s not worth it to me. But this is a kind of heat I can handle.

 

image

If you have not tried Sambal, you must. We get it at our local grocery store but you can also get it at any international market. It’s a spicy but sweet chili sauce that adds so much depth and flavor to your dishes. I use it on pizza, steamed veggies, eggs, certain meats, in curry sauces, in chili….SO.GOOD. Try it now.

On a running note, I am sad to report that I am officially on lock down after yesterday’s run. My IT band is SCREAMING at me, and I have no one to blame for myself. Looks like I’ll be spending a lot of time with this bad boy….

image

Oh foam roller … how I love to hate you.

4 comments:

  1. Drat the dreaded IT band . . . booooo! You know what to do though, you'll be fine. Nik - I am reading "Chi Running" thinking it may help with the IT band issues. I'll send it to you when I am done if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hate my foam roller too. I'm so bad about using it with the IT band though. It always hurts so I never work on it hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tina-I feel the same way. It brings tears to my eyes, that's why I tend to neglect it!

    Ann--YES pass it my way when you're done!!

    ReplyDelete