Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gotta love a boss that runs

Yeah I know, I disappeared. I have no excuse. I spent so much time stressing out over my 1/2 marathon (June 27th!) and raising money for the Crohns and Colitis Foundation of America that I hated the idea of blogging. And I even hated running for a little while. But I’m feeling a little better, so I’ll spend the next few days filling you in on what you might have missed.

But first, I have to say that my boss rocks.

image

He’s been stressing out a lot lately and as soon as he walked in to work this morning, it was written all over his face. He’s moving and his wife is pregnant, and work has been insanely busy. He played down his stress level when I asked him how he was doing this morning, but by noon he announced he was ordering the office pizza for lunch (with a side note  to me- “and anything you might want” which I thought was funny.) At around 2:30, he got up , stretched and said, “I think I’m going for a run.”

I’ve changed my routine and have been running on my lunch hours, but today I got busy and figured I’d just run after work. But this was an invitation for a mid-afternoon run and it was just what we both needed.

We ran 3.2 miles in just over 30 minutes. We talked the whole time about work, life, the new house, the baby-on-the-way, and before we knew it, the run was over. It was the perfect way to get over the afternoon hump.

I have a race re-cap for you guys (Crossroads 17.75K,) some fundraising updates, and the final countdown toward my first 1/2 marathon. I’m sure you can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Boy your boss sounds awesome! I wish I had one like that!

    ReplyDelete