Friday, June 25, 2010

Prepping for race day

It's Friday and my big race is Sunday. Needless to say, work has been nil for me. I've been giggling like a school girl all day, full of excitement for my trip back up to Boston for this weekend's festivities.

First things first-the US is playing at 2 p.m. Saturday so I'll be sitting at a bar (drinking water) watching the game. Most importantly, I'll be hydrating and staying off my feet. GO USA!



This week has been pretty uneventful on the workout front. I ran an easy 3 mile run on Monday afternoon, went for an hour walk on Tuesday (around the mall to stay cool) and another easy 30 minute run on Wednesday. That's it. I definitely did not want to burn myself out.
I really think I overtrained for my Cherry Blossom 10 Miler so this time, I'm hoping this rest will help.
Another thing-I've been slowly adding carbs to my diet all week. Tonight I will be making a gluten free pizza with my good friend Megan (from high school-she's taking me to the airport-I'm flying out of Baltimore and she lives 15 minutes away so it's just easier that way)
I've been doing everything possible to keep hydrated. Water and coconut water have been my 2 best friends this week (and green tea but that's a different post)
Did you know:

Coconut Water is More Nutritious than whole milk - Less fat and NO cholesterol
Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice - Much lower calories
Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk- It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother's milk
Coconut water is naturally sterile -- Water permeates though the filtering husk
Coconut water is a universal donor-- Its identical to human blook plasma
Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage - The same level we have in our blood
Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV
These are just a few things about coconut water that has made me a huge fan. I can go on for days.
Anyway, my game face is on. Time to get ready for Boston!



2 comments:

  1. Wow I never knew all those things about coconut water :)
    BEST BEST BEST of luck for your race! I can't wait to hear all about how you KICK BUTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    Looking forward to your race recap post. Even though I know you finished, I want details! :)

    ReplyDelete