Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hot ‘n Sweaty Fiver

I love waking up early on Sunday mornings. It’s so peaceful. There aren’t many people out on the streets at that time except for those who have the same idea as I do. (and those who are going to church of course)

I decided to take Friday and Saturday off from running since my body was telling me to stop and take a break. I’ve been working out 6 days a week, getting up at 5:30 every morning to get to the gym. After three months of this, my body said “Sleep in woman!” So I did. This left me ready for a nice run today.

image

I decided to run 5 miles today since this is the start of my taper week for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler next Sunday. I can’t believe it’s only a week away!  It was a nice run, but there were some hills that really kicked my ass (which I really needed) and my knee and hips are really bothering me today. I’ve been doing so well without any pain so I’m a little disappointed. I kept around an 8:30 pace up until the last mile when I ran mostly uphill. That made my pace drop to a 9:37. I have to figure out how to keep my pace up when I’m running hills without killing myself. And since it was so warm this morning, it was a good test of what I might et next weekend. I bought some Clif Shot Bloks and coconut water for the race to be sure I’m properly fueled and hydrated.

When I got home I used my foam roller, stretched, and fueled up with my new pancake obsession: peanut butter and jelly pancakes from yesterday. I’ve been messing with the recipe so when I get it to be perfect I will let you know.

I’m watching opening day baseball right now, the Yankees vs. Red Sox. If you’re not aware of the rivalry between these two teams, you’re either living in a bubble or from another country. Dennis and I are team rivals, so watching these games together can get crazy…nothing a glass of wine can’t fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment