Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sometimes, life happens

My weekend was planned, my agenda was set. But then I got a call informing me that I needed to make a trip home for a family emergency. So, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning to make the 6 hour drive to upstate NY.

Don’t worry, nobody died. But sometimes you realize that plans must get pushed aside to take care of things that are more important. I’m ok, my family is ok, but I had a very long, emotional and draining weekend. However, here’s what I can share with you.

I made some cookies with the best little helper ever.

IMG_1408

Chocolate chip cookies are so much fun to make, and when you have company like this, who can resist?

When I was a kid, I used to make cookie dough not for the cookies, but just for the dough. When my little helper asked if she could lick the batter, my first reaction was NO! There are eggs in there! But her mom said we’re still alive after all the batches of raw dough we’ve eaten, so I gave her a very little bit to lick. Bad?

It seemed harmless to me.

IMG_1409

(I didn’t actually eat it. I know, I’m a scardy cat)

By the way, these cookies were so good. Not only because of the company, but honestly, you can’t go wrong by using the back of the Nestle chocolate chips bag. I did, however, cut the sugar in half (as I normally do) and no one noticed. As a matter of fact, everyone raved about how good they were.

IMG_1407

Hooray for cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment