Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A little something different–easy white pizza

I am a garlic whore. Yes, I’ll admit it. I put garlic in just about everything (savory that is,) so much so that Dennis feels like I’m overpowering the food. Overpowering? What? You can never have too much garlic!

I found this recipe on the Food Network while watching it at work during lunch. Yes, my job is that cool.

I knew I had to try it because I love garlic, I love pizza, and since the Mr. always complains about homemade pizza, (“it just doesn’t taste as good!!”)  I thought this would be worth a shot.

And, it’s easy. I mean, really easy.  Thanks Sandra Lee!!

Quick and Easy White Pizza adapted from Semi Home Cooking with Sandra Lee (click HERE for original recipe)

What I used:

  • One package of Crescent Roll biscuits (in the can)
  • 1/3 cup garlic Alfredo sauce
  • 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
  • 1/4 onion, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, diced
  • 4 T shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning

What I did:

Preheat oven to 400.

  • Open the can (wait for the POP! It scares me every time)
  • Roll out the dough on a cookie sheet. Press down to make even and stretch out as much as you can without breaking the dough

IMG_1216

  • Place in oven for about 7 minutes, or until crust starts to brown

IMG_1217

Doesn’t this look awesome? I could just eat the dough plain!

  • Remove from oven and put on your toppings. Start with the Alfredo sauce, then onions, then garlic, cheese, and seasonings. (that’s how I did it)
  • Bake for another 8-10 minutes

IMG_1227

It’s not traditional, but it’s quick, easy, and pretty darned tasty. And I love Crescent rolls, so that made everything even better. The buttery, flaky crust mixed with the garlic and cheese…sooo good.

IMG_1230

This would be good to take to a party. You can cut it into squares, put some maranara on the side, stick with toothpicks and BAM! Instant appetizer.

IMG_1228

And who can say no to pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment