Sunday, November 14, 2010

Discounted yoga? Anyone?

I’ve been wanting to give yoga a fair shot for a very long time. About five years ago, Dennis got me a couple of yoga DVDs for Christmas and I couldn’t have been happier. However, I can’t get into on my own. I get very distracted, feel very frustrated with my lack of knowledge, and end up giving up after about 15 minutes. I TRY. It’s really difficult to get into when you’re a newbie and completely clueless.

My friend Reba took me to a hot yoga class for my 30th birthday last year and it was AWESOME. But it’s so expensive.  I can’t afford $20 per class, especially since I’d like to be able to go at least twice a week. How can I get the wonderfully amazing benefits of yoga without the stress? I mean, isn’t that the whole point?

A little background: My commute round trip is usually around 2 hours. I found a yoga studio that takes volunteer work as payment but with a full time job, 10 hours a week of driving on top of that, and my normal workout routine, I’m not sure I’d be able to find the time.

Any suggestions?

Oh and check out my negative splits from yesterday’s 6 mile run with my running group. (boy did I miss them)

  • Mile 1: 9:19
  • Mile 2: 9:09
  • Mile 3: 9:43 (hills)
  • Mile 4: 9:17
  • Mile 5: 9:39
  • Mile 6: 9:07

Total time: 56:19
I’m starting to feel better again….still have some work to do but I’m getting there.  This guy on the other hand…

IMG_1114

What a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment